Thursday, October 14, 2010

Is it Fall yet?



A nice brisk breeze has finally come to Austin.  I feel like I've been waiting for this since I moved here two and half months ago.  Yes, I know I moved to Texas and shouldn't expect anything less than heat and humidity, but even in California I was always ready for cooler weather.


Leanne made cous cous for lunch and the smell of its spices have filled our little home.  Cous cous actually reminds me quite a bit of stuffing and now I'm so ready for Thanksgiving.  We aren't yet sure if we will be traveling to back home, but if not I saw that the Austin hostels are looking for people to cook a Thanksgiving meal for the international travels and I definitely want to sign up for that.


In other news, our poor Dainty Library had completely collapsed.  Apparently it wasn't as structurally sound as we thought, whoops!  I finally got around to repairing it yesterday and reworked some of the other pieces for the rest of the apartment.  I actually like it even more than before!


I had always wanted an antler chandelier and this one came with the house!
Leanne brought this back from the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.  Isn't it lovely?


Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, new items up in the store so check check check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!