Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Green Thumb

On Saturday Robert and I decided to spend the day gardening.  We have a little patio just off of our kitchen that was partially fenced in and we finished it off so we could let Sweet Pea out.  It was time to clean it up and really make a nice to place to hang out.  I started out by scouring pinterest for some good ideas.  My mom had mentioned she saw that people were just cutting holes in bags of soil and planting in them and then I found this wonderful shoe rack garden so a plan was made. 



We went down to Home Depot and picked up mostly pre-grown plants (I'm too impatient to wait for seeds!) We got all sorts of herbs; basil, cilantro, tarragon, I can't even remember them all, to put in the shoe racks.  We also got some cucumbers, strawberries, pumpkin, and peppers to place in the soil bags and in the ground.






I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.  I wasn't exactly sure how it was going to turn out, but I love it so much!  Robert's dad came over on Sunday and brought us this tiny grill so I came home from work to some awesome chicken and sausage.  A girl could get used to this! 





I think the patio is always going to be a work in progress, but it's definitely feeling more and more like our home and with this lovely weather we've been having in Austin lately, it's a nice place to sit and drink gin and tonics!

FB :: Twitter :: Store


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!