1. A good straw hat. Believe me, you really don't want a sunburnt scalp. No bueno.
2. Sports bra. Yes, it's going to be hot and a humid and I'll be spending most of my time outside, there's no way I'm putting on a sweat collecting padded bra.
3. Jean shorts. I read a couple different blog posts about what other people suggest to wear to SXSW and I think it's pretty ridiculous that most of them recommend wearing a flowy maxi dress. I don't want to think about the troubles you'll have with all that fabric in a porta-potty when you're buzzed.
4. Comfy (but totally cute) sneakers. I think sandals would work too but then I think about all the beer (and probably pee) there was in the streets downtown and I want to protect my little toesies.
5. A good, compact camera.
6. Sunscreen, I will be constantly applying and re-applying.
7. Drivers license, always have it readily available and some cash.
8. A small cross body bag, just big enough for the essentials, you don't want to be weighed down during a long day of standing.
9. Edgy accessories, love these spiked hoop earrings!
10. A shweet oversized t-shirt. Let's the air flow to keep you comfortable.
Now I wouldn't say I'm an expert on SXSW attire, but after some of the stuff I experienced last year, I know I'll be better prepared this year. Now I just have to figure out what shows to go to!