Friday, September 30, 2011

One Whole Year

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of the opening of Dainty Librarian.  As some of you know, my initial plan was the sell vintage clothing.  I spent the entire month of September scouring thrift store and estate sales in order to gather my inventory.  It only took two weeks after the opening for me to start making my own clothing and very quickly dropped the vintage clothes.


I remember being really uncertain of whether or not this was going to last.  I jumped in with little knowledge and hoped for the best.  Now, a whole year later, as I sit in my studio I'm so glad that I stuck with it.  Yes, there's been some tough times, ups and downs, just like anything else.  I've made some really awesome things, as well as a few mistakes, but I couldn't be more happy.  I know that if I hadn't moved to Austin this wouldn't have happened so I'm thankful that I did that as well.  I wouldn't say I'm wildly successful or that I really know what I'm doing, but I never would have known if I hadn't tried.


Thank you to everyone who has been so very supportive of the store and of me, I couldn't have done it without you!


Oh how my logos have changed!
The many banners I have designed.

My first batch of sweatshirts!

FB :: Twitter :: Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!