Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Take A Minute to Stop and Look Around

This morning I walked to the Post Office to ship out a t-shirt order. I feel a sense of pride in taking the extra effort to walk or ride my bike to the Post Office, like I'm doing my part in transporting it to its new owner.  This one is going to Japan so I have to leave the rest up to USPS and the Japanese Postal Service, but at least I walked it the couple of blocks so it could see Austin before it began its oversea voyage.


I enjoy walking around Austin because it seems that there is always something new to discover.  For example, the other day Leanne pointed out a giant flamingo on the deck of a house I pass by quite often, but had never noticed before.  Today I found a bowling ball in a tree (yes I am serious about that), a butter knife in the street partially hidden by leaves, and a shortcut through a field.   Finding these things has reminded me, once again, that I should always have my camera with me.








Sweater:  Buffalo Exchange
Pants: American Apparel
Shoes: H&M
Headband: F21
Ring: Fred Flare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!