Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running in Circles

This morning I went for a run.  Well...it was more like a jog/walk thing.  For those of you reading this who really know me, I'm sure this is a shock to you.


Here's the thing...  I played sports most of my life.  In high school I played volleyball and basketball and we required to lift weights twice a week.  Even though I didn't enjoy running, when someone told me to do it, I knew I had to do it.  So I did.  As soon as my last season of basketball was over, I was done.  I was done with sports, with running, with lifting weights, with sweating.  DONE.  Occasionally my darling sister Leanne would try to convince me to go to the gym with her and I would whine and complain (sorry love!) or most often, just not go.  When we moved to Austin we made a conscious effort to at least go for a walk in the evening when it was cooler which I still try to do now after dinner, but it really isn't enough.  Considering how much I sit at my desk at work and on my days off when I'm blogging (like right now) I should be doing more!  I think it would be better if I had something chasing me, like a tiger!  Well, maybe not a tiger because I'm not that fast.  Perhaps an older tiger that's missing an eye and has a limp, I think I could outrun that.  I just can't see what motivates people to run!


I do have to say however, that I feel much more energized today and hopefully I can make this part of my morning routine.


There are so many cats in my neighborhood, maybe I could get one to chase me!
FB :: Twitter :: Store

P.S. What music do you listen to when you run?  I have not yet perfected my exercise playlist and I think it would definitely help!

3 comments:

  1. What you need is to discover the real beauty behind the gym: your own TV and your own remote. What could be better than the eliptical and the Colbert Report?

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Lykke Li "Sadness is Blessing" is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely! Have you seen the video?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!