Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rest In Peace Zapatos

On Sunday night Leanne, my mom (who was visiting for the weekend) and I came home to a very disturbing discovery.  Our poor little Zapatos had been hit by a car.  She was our landlord's cat, but we were responsible for taking care when he goes out of town for weeks at a time, so we had grown quite attached.  Zapatos was a wild and crazy cat.  I typically found her on top of a fence or gate not knowing how to get down. She was always getting herself into situations that she just barely got out of.  She almost always showed up for my photo shoots in the backyard.  Most of the photos where you can't see my feet, she is just out of frame meowing.  I'll never forget her daring and darling spirit.  She was always roaming around my neighbor's backyard which I can see from the window by desk.  My favorite memory of her is when I was working on my computer and out of the corner of my eye I saw an explosion of feathers and Zapatos jumping high into the air!  The bird just barely got away from her.  






This is the last picture I took of her.
FB :: Twitter :: Store 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for putting a smile on my face!